Step into Christ, Step out to Mission ~ Holy Doors of Mission
Copyright: Los Angeles Archdiocese
Join us for a morning walk and prayer to the Mission Basilica San Buenaventura
- Pilgrims will gather in front of Our Lady of the Assumption Church at 9:20 a.m. for prayer and walking route.
- Pilgrimage walk to begin at 9:30 a.m.
- ONE WAY walk from OLA to the Mission: 2.8 miles.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water for your journey.
- If you don't want to walk back to OLA, please arrange for family or friends to take you back to the church or home.
- For those who can't walk the 2.8 miles, gather at the water fountain across the street from the Mission Basilica at 10:00 a.m. for prayer and a short walk then we will gather with the other pilgrims.
- Fr. Tom Elewaut, Pastor, Mission Basilica San Buenaventura, will greet OLA pilgrims upon arrival (11:00 a.m.).
- Upon entering the Holy Door: Pray the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be with the intention of uniting yourself with the missionary spirit of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Star of the New Evangelization, and St. Junípero Serra, founder of Mission San Gabriel Arcángel. Copyright: Los Angeles Archdiocese
Holy Door represents Jesus Christ, who states: “I am the door” (John 10:1). Christ is the entry to new life. To cross the threshold of the Holy Door is to step into Christ, and to pass through the doors of the Church into the world is to step into mission. The Lord we encounter in the Church, above all in the celebration of the Holy Eucharist, sends us forth from there to be missionaries of the Gospel. Copyright: Los Angeles Archdiocese
Mission Basilica San Buenaventura